Summer means heat, but summer in Phoenix means unbearable heat. But if you need to plan for your summer move, here are a few things to consider.
Extreme temperatures can make any time spent outdoors difficult to endure. In Arizona during the summer months, the heat may be overwhelming and can cause problems for anyone who is outdoors for an extended period of time. For individuals or families that need to move to a new home during this time of year, there may be some concerns about safety and ease of transition.
If you or someone you love is preparing for a move and is in need of a professional consultation or assistance, let the moving professionals of Arizona Moving Specialists take this task off of your shoulders. Just give us a call or fill out our form and a member of our qualified team may be able to you plan for your summer move.
Tips to plan for your summer move:
- Start early! Even if you have to break in the late afternoon, try to move/pack during early morning or evening hours.
- Have plenty of water on hand. Whether it is just for you, your friends, or the moving crew, staying hydrated is #1 on any Summer in Phoenix list.
- Plan on having lots of moving tape/boxes/markers available.
- If you are packing yourself, plan on having lots of moving tape/boxes/markers available.
- Careful when packing up the following as they could melt or explode.
- Aerosol cans (hairspray, cooking spray, bug spray),
- Candles and crayons
- Food (canned food can easily become spoiled while dogfood can attract pests).
- If you are a Phoenix resident, contact Public Works. They allow for one pickup of used moving boxes.